Monday, October 15, 2012

Faux Wood Tile: Yay or Nay?

I've been throwing around the idea of re-doing our Master bathroom for a while now.  ( Note:  "I've" not "we've.")   Im wondering about wood tile floors.  Jen and I have been seeing these porcelain and ceramic tiles everywhere.   In fact, she just sent me a photo of the wood tile flooring in her Starbucks. 
It comes just like this:
It comes in many colors



Here's a little inspiration...



Love the herringbone...



Michelle of 4 Men 1 Lady used it in her new dressing room/bathroom.  i think i would use a darker grout (just as she suggested ) but I like the warmth of it. 



It seems that almost all of the reviews i've read are positive-durable, lifelike, easy to install, affordable, etc.

Have you seen it? What do you think?   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, YES, YES!! Do it. The material is great. You will not be sorry. If you take special consideration to get a grout color that blends really well with the color of the tile, your joints will just disappear. Also go with a very small grount joint. With the installation of long linear tiles you need to make sure that you follow the 1/3 offset rule, to avoid lippage and use a premium grade thin-set like Mapei's Ultraflex 2 or Ultraflex LFT not mastic. Good Luck hope to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

I am also considering using the faux wood in a farmhouse - throughout most of it. The entry, kitchen, living and dining room. I am nervous though! I like the herringbone pattern but I worry it will be too much/too busy. Did you ever do it in your master??

Thanks, tw

Related Posts with Thumbnails